Often when you are setting up your own home aquaponics system, you are tempted to plant multiple plants in it. Now, normally, for this you’d need a very large grow bed. But for plants having small root systems, like lettuce, for instance, you can actually just use a mesh/net pot for aquaponics set up to hold your plants! If you have any experience in setting up an aquaponics or even a hydroponics system at home, you will know exactly how to use this stuff.
Now even if you know how rafting and mesh pots work, to manage it, you do need a few supplies. While you can DIY the raft or the grow bed – the mesh pots are a little more difficult to make on your own! So here we have the perfect solution to your problem!
Measuring just about 3 inches in diameter, these net pots are just right for setting up any raft set up, or merely for keeping your plants in separate pots in your grow bed. But these aren’t just any pots. Their USP is that the manufacturers first studied a lot of other mesh pots available in the market. Along with the pots they also took into account popular opinion regarding them. They then took all the experiences into account and came up with this design. Their aim was to identify problems people had with other makes of net pots, and fix them with this new design. And if the reviews are anything to go by – they did succeed!
Now let’s take a look at…
The factors that set this one apart from the rest
As the manufacturers say, and the customers agree:
- It has a reinforced, much wider lip. This ensures that the hole you drill needn’t be exactly the same size. It will comfortably sit in holes that are even a little wider – without wobbling or falling through.
- The lower surface of the pots has a much smaller diameter than most others in the market. This makes the pots easier to remove when the plants have already grown a considerable root system, as the pots allow more room in the drilled hole for the roots to come out through without damage. This is particularly helpful if you intend to use the pots as starters and later repot the plants in bigger planters.
- The plastic used is thicker, more resistant to damage caused by water as well as UV rays. This means that the pots will last for a very long time, even when you have water, soil and sunlight in contact with them continuously.
- The design of the pots is such that they can hold in most kinds of grow media. If you look at other pots, they’d usually have large spaces between the support structure, through which most grow media, except for the really big ones, could pass through. This defeats the purpose. But with this, your grow media size choices have a much larger range.
And also, the other big plus point is that the pack of 25 of these net pots costs just under $9, and no shipping charges. So that works out to just over 35c per container – which is quite reasonable when you compare with most other products!
So there you have it – why this mesh/net pot for aquaponics is the best option you have, and why Amazon is the place to get it from… Now all that’s left for you to do is go ahead and order these – and then, you are all set for that Romaine lettuce raft – or any other mesh pot aquaponics plan!
Incoming search terms:
- aquaponics how close can you place 2 inch net pots (4)
- aquaponics floating raftshould net pots sit in the water (3)
- aquaponic net pots (2)
- hydroponic net pots (2)
- mesh pot within a pot its size (1)
- net pots aquaponics how to (1)
- raft aquaponics net pots (1)
- using net pots in media beds (1)
- what size of mesh pot for hydroponic veggy (1)
- where to buy mesh pots (1)